The partners of Levy Vinick Burrell Hyams LLP have, collectively, represented plaintiffs in employment cases for almost a century. Our current practice reflects our commitment to helping employees remedy problems that have occurred in the workplace. We represent employees in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitration and mediation.
We believe that employees matter. And that fair employment practices lead to better workplaces. We are employment rights attorneys who spend most of our time trying help people who have endured workplaces where something has gone terribly wrong. It might surprise you to know that our fondest hope is to become unemployed someday. While we like the work that we do, we dream of a day when workplace fairness, non-discrimination, and equal treatment are so deeply engrained in the American workplace that there is zero need for our services.
We have experience and expertise in individual cases and class actions representing employees with the following types of claims:
- Discrimination based on race, age, gender, national origin or ancestry, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, religion, familial status or sexual orientation.
- Harassment based on gender, disability, race, national origin, sexual orientation, and other protected categories.
- Retaliation for complaining about discrimination, sexual harassment and/or violations of California and federal statutes and regulations.
- Wrongful or unlawful termination.
- Termination for taking a pregnancy leave, or medical leave for a serious health condition (e.g., cancer, mental illness, etc.).
- Failure or refusal to provide reasonable accommodation for a physical or mental disability.
- Violations of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other whistleblower claims.
- Breach of written or oral employment contracts or agreements.
- Failure to pay commissions or bonuses.
- Invasion of Privacy.
- Failure to pay wages that are due and owing, including overtime, premium pay for missed or late meal periods and/or rest breaks, and vacation pay.
- Misclassification of employees as exempt from overtime.
- Negotiation and review of employment and severance agreements.
If you believe that you have mistreated by your employer, please contact us.